THE HISTORY OF THE EARTH
2. The Bible says God created (bara) man in His image (Genesis 1:26) but then it also says He made (asah) man of the dust of the earth (Genesis 2:7). Explain why this is not a contradiction.
3. This lesson does not take the position that the days of Genesis were necessarily more than 24 hours. What does the creation week deal with? (Check one.)
___________ The creation of matter
___________ The creation of all life
___________ The creation and making of man and the life he was familiar with.
___________ The creation of everything
___________ None of the above
4. There are at least four explanations of how dinosaurs can be fitted into the Genesis account. List three of them.
5. How long did God need to create the cosmos?
6. Fill in the missing blanks in the chart:
|Bible Verse||Biblical Item||Scientific Evidence|
|__________||__________||First life—plants (algae) stromatelites|
|__________||First life in waters||__________|
|__________||__________||First bird—archaeopteryx or protoavis|
|__________||Land animals—cattle, sheep, etc.||__________|
8. The word remes is translated creeping thing in Genesis 1:24. This is also the word used in Genesis 9:1-3. Why is it not likely that this word refers to reptiles or insects?
9. Genesis 1 has two basic purposes or objectives. What are they?
10. Why did God not spell out the details about dinosaurs, time, methods, and reasons?
Please add any questions on this course of study that have not been answered so we can take care of any remaining ideas that are not clear in your mind.
The easiest way to complete these questions is to copy and paste the questions to a word processing program (Word, WordPerfect, Notepad, etc.). Once you finish answering the questions, e-mail the questions/answers to John N. Clayton as a text e-mail, NOT as an attachment or HTML format. We will not accept any e-mail containing attachments. Leave spaces between each question and answer. The answers will be graded and commented on and returned to you.
Return to Lesson 9
Return to Main Page