WHEN DID GOD CREATE MAN?
2. Radioactive dating measures the time it takes a substance to decay half of its mass. What assumptions are made to do this calculation? (List three of them.)
3. Identify three possible events in the earth’s history which would not be uniformitarian.
4. Is the length of the days of Genesis 1 related to the age of the earth?
Yes [ ] No [ ]
5. Which statement describes the biblical viewpoint of uniformitariansim. (Circle one.)
a. Totally uniformitarian
b. Totally catastrophic
c. Mostly uniformitarian with occasional catastrophic events
d. Mostly catastrophic with occasional unifomiitarian periods
6. Give an example of an undated event in the Bible.
7. Why is it that time is not a concern to God?
8. Why is it that man’s religions frequently want to establish specific times for biblical events?
9. Why does the idea of God creating the earth with fossils already in it and with all formations intact conflict with the nature of God?
10. How much time did God need to create the earth?
Please add any questions on this course of study that have not been answered so we can take care of any remaining ideas that are not clear in your mind.
The easiest way to complete these questions is to copy and paste the questions to a word processing program (Word, WordPerfect, Notepad, etc.). Once you finish answering the questions, e-mail the questions/answers to John N. Clayton as a text e-mail, NOT as an attachment or HTML format. We will not accept any e-mail containing attachments. Leave spaces between each question and answer. The answers will be graded and commented on and returned to you.
Return to Lesson 8
Return to Main Page